Saturday, April 5, 2014

General Conference

This is one of my favorite weekends of the year! Saturday and Sunday we have the privilege of watching four 2-hour live broadcasts in which we are able to receive counsel and comfort from the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love being able to listen to a prophet's voice. My heart feels buoyed up after hearing the messages and I feel motivated to make the changes necessary to enable me to one day return to my Father in Heaven. Prior to watching conference, I wrote down two specific questions that I prayed would be answered during the course of the weekend. As I listened to the talks, I could feel the gentle whisperings of the Spirit as those questions were answered - whether through something the speaker said or something I felt in my heart. I know my Father in Heaven is aware of all the tears I shed and the joys I celebrate. Sometimes I feel unworthy of His love, but He is always there nonetheless. I know I have a Father in Heaven. I know He sent His Son to come to this earth to die for me that I might live again. I know through my Savior's atonement I can find peace. I know They are aware of my deepest desires, and I have faith in my future. I was grateful to have the spiritual and emotional balm I received this weekend. There have been some dark moments recently as desires go unfulfilled, but I trust in His wisdom...and I'm making an effort to trust in His timing as well. In addition to my own spiritual edification, it was great to see my kids listening and learning. I loved hearing them talk about some of the messages. I realize there was some candy/treat motivation for them to listen for certain topics, but I think they are all learning to listen for the spiritual benefits...not just the sugary ones. I can't wait to do this again in 6 months!

Our topic buckets! We chose different topics we thought would be discussed or topics we thought we should pay attention to. When those topics were mentioned, the kids got to get a little something out of that specific bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment