Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Break: Easter Pageant

Today was a lazy day. We all leisurely got up and hung out at my parents' house in the morning before I introduced the kids to Sweeties. This is a candy warehouse! Any candy you can imagine, they have. I gave the kids a dollar amount and set them loose. You would think this would have been an easy task, but they couldn't decide which candies they wanted.



After the kids got their stash, we ran home to eat lunch (with veggies) then (with candy filled pockets) we saw the new Captain America movie. It was even better than the first one. I remember my brothers reading these comics growing up. Perhaps that's why I like these movies.
Finally, the evening arrived and we headed to the Mesa Temple to grab good seats to watch the Pageant. This is a pretty popular pageant so we arrived a couple hours early. It actually wasn't as crowded as I anticipated, but the weather was cooling off and the kids brought food and cards so we were prepared. My sister Nichole and her kids, Tyler and Kate, joined us as well. I loved sharing this with my family. I love this time of year. I am grateful for the opportunity to more fully reflect upon the life and sacrifice of my Savior. I can't even begin to describe the feelings in my heart as I ponder on all that He has given me and still gives me. It is through Him that I find the strength to move forward when I feel like I may want to quit. He is who gives my heart peace when it feels like it's broken into a thousand pieces. He gives me joy beyond comprehension as I follow His plan. I am forever in His debt yet He continues to bless me. The pageant was a perfect way to end the day.
The kids playing cards while we waited.
Nichole and I 
Check out the lady in the back who photobombed our selfie! 
Our neighbors, the Chisholms, also came to AZ for Spring Break. Plus we ran into some old members of our ward who were in the pageant. 
Kate petting the lamb. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment