Friday, April 25, 2014

Tulip Festival

Today I finally got to enjoy the Tulip Festival! Jeff and I had decided that this would be a good date night activity (and one of our favorite date nights last year)...and we were right. The Thanksgiving Gardens are beautiful in and of themselves, but, in my opinion, the tulips add a different aspect to the beauty that already exists. Plus there are 137 different varieties! I never realized how many different colors and shapes a tulip could take! Jeff and I took our time wandering through the 15 different themed gardens. There were a lot of people there because it was Dutch Days, but we didn't mind. We still found those quiet places to sit and reflect on the beauty of God's creations. I love that Jeff enjoys visiting the Gardens. I have always been more fond of the cultural experiences (over sports). I know there are some of those experiences that Jeff endures more than enjoys, but this is one we both enjoy. It was the perfect date night with my perfect date!



Can you see my head popping up in the back of all those tulips?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment