Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Beautiful sight!

Tonight the Payson Temple exterior lights were illuminated!! Jeff called me on his way home from a neighbor's house and instructed me to go out on the deck. As I stepped onto the deck, I could see the illuminated temple. What a gorgeous sight! I am so grateful that I can see the temple from our house. I'm so grateful that it stands as a beacon to all who pass by. I'm grateful for the peace and serenity it offers all those who enter...or who are even in its vicinity. I can't wait until it is completed. Obviously, the exterior construction is finished, but they are still working on completing the interior. It is scheduled to be completed and dedicated in 2015. The Mesa Arizona temple has always been my temple. It was the temple my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents were married in. It was the temple I first attended. It was the temple that I went to when my heart was troubled or when I felt overjoyed. I have missed "my" temple, but Payson is quickly becoming my new temple. I have been extremely grateful that I have been here to see its progression. I was here when the Angel Moroni statue was placed on the top. I have been here to see it light up the night sky...and I will be here for its dedication. I am so grateful for temples and consider myself extremely lucky to have one "in my backyard".







No comments:

Post a Comment