Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!! I have to admit that this isn't my favorite holiday, but it's still a holiday...and it's still fun! I may not get into dressing up or begging for candy, but I like any excuse to make fun meals and have fun with my little family! We started our morning with a Halloween themed breakfast of ghost pancakes with "blood" syrup, jack-o-lantern smoothies, pumpkin clementines, and ghost bananas.

The kids then went off to school and I went to work preparing our fun Halloween dinner as well. That evening, we invited Jeff's parents and sister over to join us for jack-o-lantern pizza, a jack-o-lantern veggie tray, jack-o-lantern soda, and Frankenstein Rice Krispies. Yummy!
I don't know why these pictures keep flipping...but you get the idea. 

Finally, the time Danny had been waiting for all day arrived - begging for candy (aka Trick-or-Treating). The kids finished getting on their costumes and we headed to our church's Trunk-or-Treat first. I think I had just as much fun handing out candy as the kids did receiving it. There were tons of clever costumes. It was fun to see all the little kids dressed up. After about an hour, everyone packed up and we headed to Jeff's parents' house so that Danny could go trick-or-treating in their neighborhood with Aunt Katie. Amber and Dallin both had friend parties to attend. Jeff, Danny, and I were home by 8:30 p.m. It was an early night but a fun day! Now on to Thanksgiving then Christmas!

Dallin as a Kissing Booth, Danny as a Shadow Ninja, Amber as the Tooth Fairy



Dallin and his two friends, Tanner and Tyler



No comments:

Post a Comment