Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Grandma and Papa are in town!

Today my parents flew in for the weekend! In Arizona, the schools have a week off for fall break so my mom didn't have to work and my dad was able to schedule his clients in such a way as to allow him to have the weekend off. I haven't seen them since this summer so I was really excited to have a weekend with them. I miss living closer to them. That has been probably one of the hardest sacrifices I made when I married Jeff. Still I'm grateful that I live close enough to see them several times a year. In any case, Dallin, Danny, Kaia and I went to pick them up in the afternoon then met up with my sister, Krystle, her husband, Jordan, and Nolan for dinner. The rest of the weekend was full of random fun. Thursday (9th) I spent the day running errands with Krystle and my mom to prepare for Nolan's first birthday party on Saturday. Dad was a sport and babysat Nolan for us so we could have some girl time. (He got man time the following day when he hung out with Jeff during the day.) We enjoyed shopping and going to Magelby's for lunch. During our shopping excursion, my mom saw some small wooden coffins that she bought for the boys and Kaia to paint then fill with candy. Grandmas like to spoil their grandkids!
That night we went to Danny's football game. The following day (Friday) was spent finalizing the preparations for Nolan's party and doing some chores...at least for me. That's the one sad thing about not leaving home to see family - you still have to run all your errands and do your chores. Still, Mom and I were able to fit in a park trip with Nolan in between all the errands and chores. 

That evening, Krystle and Jordan (and Nolan of course) came over to the house to decorate for his party the next day. Afterwards, we all went to our church congregation's (ward's) annual Chili Cookoff! Bring on all the seasonal and holiday parties!! I absolutely LOVE this time of year from October through January! I love all the fun fall foods and Thanksgiving! I love preparing for and experiencing Christmas! I especially love January when I get to celebrate the day I was sealed to the man of my dreams. Let's keep the parties rolling!!



No comments:

Post a Comment