Wednesday, December 21, 2016

12 Days of Service: Day 10

Today my parents flew into town for Christmas! This is the first Christmas I've spent with them since I was engaged. I think I was more excited to get them at the airport than I am for any gifts I might receive on Christmas Day. After I picked them up, off we went to get some dinner...and spread a little Christmas joy along the way. This is the absolute FAVORITE 12 Days activity for EVERYONE! Tonight the boys donated money to pay for people behind us as we went to several drive thrus. At each location, we would order a couple of things (I think the boys like this too because they can literally get whatever they want instead of having to compromise by going to only one place for dinner) then we would pay for the person behind us. We all love looking at the car behind us and hypothesizing about that person's life and family. Sometimes they are big vans and big orders. Sometimes they are small cars with a young couple. No matter the circumstance, we pray that it brings a smile to their faces and a desire to pay it forward. As an added bonus, the drive thru attendant always smiles too. I think they enjoy getting to be a part of the Christmas joy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment