Monday, December 26, 2016

SNOW!!

The last time my dad experienced a white Christmas was while he was oversees in the Navy. My mom's last experience was as a little kid in El Paso, Texas. Needless to say, they were praying for a white Christmas. We were all a little disappointed when it decided to rain instead of snow on Christmas Eve. In fact, all the snow that was on the ground melted with the rain. However, our green Christmas Eve turned into a beautiful white Christmas the next morning! It snowed! My parents were delighted (I wasn't so excited because I knew this was going to last until the spring). There was about a foot of snow outside and it kept snowing all day. I do have to admit that the snow makes Christmas even more magical. It was beautiful to look out our window at the sparkling white blanket across the property. The world seemed fresh and clean and new. The day after Christmas, Mom, Jonas and I decided to play in the snow. Mom enjoyed walking in the calf-deep snow. Jonas didn't enjoy it as much. In fact, he wasn't sure he liked his snow suit, boots, or gloves either. Maybe he's more my child after all! However, I wouldn't let him give up on our snow adventure. I took him on the sled a few times and showed him how to make a snowball. He liked throwing the snow and, by the end, he really liked sledding. As much as I am not a fan of snow, I hope he learns to enjoy it. (As a side note, the other boys are LOVING the snow! They have been up to Sundance to snowboard/ski. I think they will be frequent visitors on the slopes this season.)












No comments:

Post a Comment