Sunday, December 18, 2016

12 Days of Service: Day 7

Today's activity was much simpler, yet no less meaningful, than the past few days. Today the boys had the opportunity and privilege of donating to the church's humanitarian fund. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has an impressive humanitarian program. Often times, the church's aid gets to areas even before the governmental aid is available. The church uses these funds to help natural disaster victims, refugees, persons with disabilities and so many more. Our boys (and girls) are incredibly blessed. I think the girls are actually realizing how blessed they are now that they are out of the house and serving missions in areas very different from Utah. I hope the kids never forget "from whom all blessing flow". I hope they never forget that we are blessed to bless others. This is just another way to do that. We may never know or never see how these funds are used or whose lives they bless, but we can give because we have received so much.
Since our activity didn't take much time, it left more time for us to bake. Yup...I said bake! Who says boys can't bake? Well my boys can...and had to if they wanted pumpkin rolls! I don't have any girls at home so my boys have to humor me sometimes. However, they didn't complain when they learned the outcome would be to eat pumpkin rolls! I love pumpkin rolls, but I love spending time with my boys more. It was a win-win!
I got us holiday aprons to wear. Jonas wanted one too so Dallin sacrificed and we modified one to fit Jonas.


Jonas hard at work! I love that he likes to do what we're doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment