Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

It's Christmas!! Today was such a great day. Not only was it Christmas, but it was also Sunday. It's not often that we get to celebrate both days together. I think I like Christmas on Sunday. Amidst all the presents and wrapping paper, we get the chance to pause and reflect on the true meaning for the season. Jeff even spoke in the Christmas services. I love him. I love his testimony and his love for His Savior. It shows in everything he does and everything he is. But...I'm getting ahead of myself. Our day actually started by Skyping the girls! It was so fun to see both of them. Amber called us first then Laurin joined us before Amber disconnected so we got to speak to each girl separately and together. They both cried, but for different reasons. Amber is still adjusting to the mission and Laurin is discovering that she is going to have to adjust to leaving the mission. She comes home in March! Can you believe it? It was good to talk to both of them. They are both doing great things. They are where they need to be and touching the lives of the people they need to touch. After our calls, the boys finally got to open their gifts. They really enjoyed the little drones Santa brought them. Dallin got a ski pass and a new suit. Danny got a 360 bike and a new hoodie. They each got a few other gifts from siblings and grandparents too. They were both so grateful...which makes it all worth it. Danny kept squeezing me all day. I love all my boys!




















After opening gifts, we had our traditional waffle breakfast then went to church. The rest of the day we enjoyed relaxing at home. Mom, Dad and I also went over to Scott's house for an hour or so before our prime rib, mashed potato and salad dinner. Gma Penny, Grumpy, Katie and Greg joined us too. We definitely eat well on Christmas! It was a great day. It has been a great year! I can't believe in a week we'll be starting 2017...at least we'll start it with a little sunshine in AZ.




No comments:

Post a Comment