Friday, December 23, 2016

12 Days of Service: Day 12

I can't believe we're already done with our 12 Days! Christmas needs to slow down! My one wish this Christmas season was to actually "experience" Christmas - not just "execute" it. I pride myself on things running smoothly at home and trying to make everyone's holiday experience a good one; yet, that often leaves me finishing one project only to quickly start another instead of actually stopping to enjoy the season. I have tried to find moments in each day to experience Christmas. I think I've done a lot better this year. I have loved our tradition and never regret doing. I am just glad this year that I actually slowed down long enough to experience the tradition and not simply execute it. Today's service activity started early. We joined with another family to clean our church building. Because there are no professional cleaners, it falls on the families in the congregations to do it. No one really wanted to clean today with it being so close to Christmas so we volunteered. It was actually a fun way to start our day and to end our 12 Days. I love how willing the boys are to help (with only minor complaints). I feel truly blessed to have the family I do! I am proud of the men these boys are becoming.
adslkfj






No comments:

Post a Comment