Saturday, December 17, 2016

12 Days of Service: Day 6

This was the activity Daniel was most looking forward to this year - the temple! Tonight we went to Salt Lake City so that the boys could do baptisms for the dead in the Salt Lake temple. This year, the boys were even able to do family names that Grandma Penny had found. Sometimes the service we offer can be to help those who have come before us to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ into their lives.

While the boys were in the temple with Jeff and Grumpy, Jonas, Gma Penny and I wandered around the visitor centers and saw the lights at Temple Square. I think this is one of my favorite activities too because I get a chance to see the beautiful lights and truly feel the Christmas spirit in such a gorgeous, sacred place. I remember going "light looking" during the holiday season when I was growing up. We would find fun, decorative neighborhoods to drive thru on several different evenings. Eventually, we grew up and got too busy to go that often, but we'd still go every Christmas Eve. I treasured those evenings with my family. I love looking at the lights. I love the way the whole world seems a little brighter during this season because of the lights. I love the reminder that Jesus is truly the Light of the World. We eventually met up with the boys and grabbed a quick dinner before wandering through the lights again on the way back to our car. It was such a perfect evening!





One word to sum up the perfect evening!


Jeff voluntarily posed for this picture! It truly is a season of miracles!



No comments:

Post a Comment