Friday, July 19, 2013

6 months!

Wow! Time has flown! I can't believe it's already been 6 blissful months of marriage! It's even more hard to believe that it still hasn't been a year since we first met in person. Just goes to show you how your whole life (literally) can change in a year! I never would have imagined being a wife, much less a mother in so short a time. Yet, I cannot imagine living without it now. Jeff is my best friend and eternal companion. I feel a little repetitive as I list the qualities that made me fall in love with him from the beginning, but he is truly the most caring, generous, compassionate, understanding, supportive, loving husband I could have ever hoped to have. He has been my constant anchor in the storm of changes that have occurred over this last year and continues to be consistent with his support and love. I would not have been able to survive the ups and downs of the adventures of motherhood without him or just the simple changes as I moved from a hot urban dessert to a more cool rural lifestyle. I never imagined I could love him any more than I did as I knelt across the altar from him on our wedding day, but as I wake up to gaze at the handsome man beside me I know now that my love will only continue to grow. For our 6 month anniversary, we headed to Park City to spend a night away.  Earlier in the week, I had injured my back (a herniated disc) and was not in the best physical condition to go explore Main Street or hike the mountains; instead, we spent a quiet evening browsing the outlet mall, eating dinner out, then enjoying the solitude our hotel room offered. I cherish the moments when I get to spend time alone with my best friend. Thank you Jeff for a wonderful weekend get away! (and thanks for surprising me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and daisies plus the Ben and Jerry's ice cream! Yum!).

No comments:

Post a Comment