Monday, July 22, 2013

This is the Place

Today my amazing sister Nichole took Danny, Dallin and Amber along with Tyler, Kate and Kaia (my nephew and nieces) to This is the Place park in Salt Lake City to start off the Pioneer week festivities. Unfortunately, my back wasn't going to allow me to attend. I am finally feeling some relief but it required a Skype consult with my friend Dr. John Jones in Arizona and a follow up visit to an instacare to get some anti-inflammatories. I just keep hoping that all this rest will help me avoid any significant medical visits (or bills)! I am grateful that Nichole is actually staying with us this week because it has kept the boys entertained while I have been ordered to stay on the couch....a difficult request for someone who is used to being on the go. I hope I am learning whatever lesson the Lord wants me to learn from this so I don't have to endure that type of pain again! I have learned that it's ok to ask for the kids to step up and that Jeff can handle things...even if it isn't the way that I do. I know that there is always room to learn and grow. I am grateful for the opportunity to do so and the time to reflect on what is really important during this time. In any case, the kids had a blast participating in all the pioneer type activities (e.g., pony rides, shaving, leather working, panning for gold, etc.). Thanks again Nichole for providing some fun for the kids!
Amber, Kaia, Kate, Danny, Tyler and Dallin - This is the Place! 


My cute niece finally able to milk a cow...since she can't milk Daisy! 
Pony rides 
School 
Washing clothes 
Pioneer games 







Finally clean shaven! 



My cute nieces...Kate and Kaia. 




No comments:

Post a Comment