Friday, July 26, 2013

Our first date

Exactly one year ago today, I stood in the Salt Lake airport in a yellow dress as I watched this handsome man who I had been communicating with for a couple months walk up to me and pull me into a caring embrace. Little did I know at that time that one year later I would be re-creating my first date with that man who is now my husband. I can't believe it's been a year! I can't believe how drastically my life has changed in that year! And I can't believe how incredibly happy I am! Since it was a Friday (our normal date night), we decided to celebrate the day by re-creating our first date. One year ago, Jeff picked me up from the airport and took me to Temple Square where we walked through the Church History Museum, strolled through the visitor's centers, ate at The Roof, and enjoyed the fountain at City Creek Center. This time we decided to skip the whole airport experience (I'm really glad those days are over!) and go to the temple instead. After we finished a session at the temple, we ran back to the car so Jeff could change (he was dying in his shirt and tie...it was only 95 degrees! Geez!) then went to the museum and visitor's centers before dinner. We enjoyed reminiscing about our first weekend together and laughed as we recalled my pro/con/question list that dominated our conversations that weekend (hey I had to be sure we were compatible so I didn't mess around and went straight for the hard questions...financial habits, parenting practices, addictions, etc.). We ended the evening back at City Creek Center where we watched the people mill around the fountain as we waited for the fire and water show. I loved spending the evening with my best friend. I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect eternal companion. Through all the bumps and mistakes we've made as we've bumbled through this new situation in our lives, he has been my constant love and support. Thank you Jeff for your never-ending love, patience, and tenderness. I'm excited for the many more years we get to spend together!








No comments:

Post a Comment