Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cousin Carnival!

After we cleaned up the shower, we started the next party. My sister, Nichole, comes up to Utah every summer during the month of July. This year my parents were able to join us as well. Every time the Shumways get together, the Tarwaters join in. My mom's brother, Rick Tarwater, lives in Payson and his wife, Barb, is the one who set Jeff and I up. They used to live in California. Growing up, these were the cousins I spent the most time with. They were practically my other siblings so we all try to have one evening where we gather everyone together. Since most of the girls were already at the shower, we decided to just keep the party day going. The Tarwater women were gracious enough to plan this party since the Shumway women had just finished the party they planned. We had a yummy dinner then played several minute-to-win-it style games. I love spending time with my family. I feel very lucky to have such an amazing immediate and extended family. I can't imagine surviving life without their support and love. Thanks to everyone who came, planned and participated! Can't wait to continue the tradition next year!
My awesome teammates! (Unfortunately Danny and Dallin were still in Idaho and Laurin had to work.) 


They used swim noodles like javelins to see how far they'd go. 


My sister trying to shield herself from the crackers that were being spit as everyone tried to whistle. 





Amber's friend Rachel helped our team win the sack race. 
Jeff getting a great head start! 

Three legged race. 

\
We were supposed to hold this ball between us but Jeff and I couldn't even get off the ground with it!

My bros doing a little tug of war. 
Michael won. 
All the boys joining in the fun. 
Scott wanted some redemption. 
Jeff didn't give him any.
Me with all my siblings...Krystle, Scott, Nichole and Michael. Love them!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment