Monday, July 20, 2015

A day on the farm...

Today was a little more low key than the previous weekend's activities. In fact, we spent most of the day just hanging out at the house. Kaia got to join in the fun as well! The girls and Danny spent most of the day out at the corral creating a "chicken day care". I'm not sure what was so fascinating about the chickens, but the kids were mesmerized with them. They gave them names and described their personalities. I'm sure the chickens were glad when the girls finally turned their attention elsewhere.
Uncle Jeff was nice enough to take the girls and boys on a ride up West Mountain. The girls rode in the side-by-side with Jeff while the boys took off on the four wheelers or motorbikes.
That evening, Scott joined us for dinner. It was fun to have all but one of my siblings and my mom here. I really miss having my family around. I'm lucky enough to have Scott and his little family near-by, but let's be honest, it's not the same as having my mom or sisters around. 
After dinner, as I was chatting with my siblings and mom, I looked out the window and noticed that Kate was riding the cow. Yup...to end the day, the girls (and Danny and Dallin) decided to become real "cow"-boys and girls. It was hilarious to watch them ride the cows while watching Nichole squirm because Kate was getting dirty. We all had a good laugh when Kate came in with her shirt, which she had draped over the pasture fence, and informed Nichole the cow had eaten the shirt. There were definite grass-tinged saliva stains all over it! I don't think Nichole anticipated Kate getting so dirty with the cows and chickens. What can we say? Kate is more country than city! It was a fun day just hanging out with family!









No comments:

Post a Comment