Thursday, July 23, 2015

Provo Rec Center and Cookie tasting

Today Jeff and I had another doctor's appointment with my OB/GYN. Jonas is still doing well. Initially, I was feeling a little discouraged that there wouldn't be any reason to schedule an induction, but after a quick internal exam, Dr. McCarter determined my body has progressed enough to finally set an induction date (if Jonas doesn't decide to come before then)!! By next Tuesday (July 28th), Jonas will finally get to make his long anticipated appearance. I kind of hope he'll come a little sooner so my brother and sister can still be here for the arrival, but I'll take him whenever he decides to come. I have to admit that it has been tough to be patient at this point in my pregnancy. Just knowing that there is an end date in sight has improved my mood and optimism. I can't complain though. I have had an easy pregnancy. I'm just ready to see my feet again and to have those feet not look like hobbit feet! After my appointment, I met up with Nichole, Jenn, Mom and the kids at the mall. Jenn wanted to check out a couple stores and the boys scored some new Nike slingback backpacks.What can I say? They were on sale...and I was in a good mood. Once we finished our little shopping excursion, Jenn and Nichole took the kids back to the Provo Rec Center for another swimming day. I'm so glad that I don't have to get in a swimsuit to take the boys swimming! Thanks Nichole and Jenn!!
That evening, after dinner, we had a cookie tasting contest. Every time Nichole comes to Utah, she frequents Swigs (a soda/cookie place). She brags about how great Swig sugar cookies are. She claims they're better than other cookies at other similar locations (Sodalicious and Sip 'N Spot). We decided to get cookies from each location and do a blind taste test. Swig sugar cookies were the favorite cookies, but Nichole didn't guess the right cookie! I guess she's not as picky as she originally thought. Just another fun, random activity we like to do to keep ourselves entertained!



No comments:

Post a Comment