Friday, July 24, 2015

Pioneer Day

Today was Pioneer Day! This is definitely a Utah holiday, but one that we love to celebrate! I am grateful for my pioneer heritage. I'm grateful for the men and women who were courageous enough to traverse the plains to come to this valley to escape religious persecution. I'm grateful for their examples of faith that I can lean on during times of my own trials. I'm grateful to have my family here to celebrate this holiday this year too! We decided to head to Spanish Fork in the morning to see the parade and enjoy the carnival rides (or rather Danny and Kate enjoyed the rides while we watched).


Kate grabbing the candy!








That evening, we decided to make some homemade biscuits and butter to accompany our meal of grilled chicken, potato salad, veggies, and fruit. For dessert, we made homemade ice cream to accompany pies. We ended the day with our own fireworks show at the house. It was a great day!

Mike and Jenn were fighting over who got to shake the butter!







No comments:

Post a Comment