Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Going home...

Jonas did well over the next 24 hours, which allowed us to be discharged the following day. I have to admit that I have even been surprised at my own recovery. I had heard horror stories about all the physical ramifications of giving birth, but I have experienced very little of what I had heard. Now the emotional impact of post delivery life has definitely taken hold. It seems like it hits as soon as the sun starts its descent. Jeff has found me crying in the nursery several times as I nursed Jonas. Most of the emotions are derived from new mom anxieties. It is overwhelming to think that there is this tiny little being that is completely dependent on you for his survival. It didn't help that Jonas initially had some issues with choking. I hated the evenings because I was so worried that I (or Jeff or my mom...we all took shifts throughout the first couple nights) would miss hearing his little choking fits or his cries. Luckily, he quickly got over those choking fits and has learned how to spit up and control his tongue placement. Still, I struggle with a myriad of other postpartum anxieties. I can't wait until my hormones and emotions stabilize! Yet, through it all, I just need to look at Jonas's sweet little face and his ever increasing facial expressions and know that it is all worth it. Welcome home sweet boy!
Jonas and I in our "going home" outfits.


He looks so tiny in his little carseat.
Welcome home!
Introducing him to the nursery.
Mommy getting him in his jammies.
Cuddling at home.
Flowers for me from the boys and Katie.



No comments:

Post a Comment