Monday, August 19, 2013

7 months!

Who would've thought a year ago that I would be writing about being married for 7 months! I can assure you that I was the last person that thought that would be possible. When I met Jeff, I had all but given up on the hope or thought of being married. I decided that the Lord had given me talents and means with which to serve and to take care of myself. I was content to be on my own...in my own house with my own career. Yet, I knew that something would always be missing. Still, the prospect of getting married seemed to be a distant dream rather than a close reality. I would love to say that Jeff instantly swept me off my feet, but, even after meeting such an amazing man, I struggled to give up the dream (e.g., marry a single, never-married man, start a family together - not join one already moving through life, etc.). That first weekend we met, a little over a year ago, was brutal. I knew I loved Jeff's company and admired him as the amazing man he is, but could I really handle all the uncertainties, challenges, and trials that would come from marrying a divorced man with 4 children?! I am so glad that I chose faith over fear. When I prayed, I knew, with no uncertainty, that I was supposed to marry Jeff. That knowledge didn't take away the apprehension or the challenges, but it has given me the strength to move forward with faith. I am the first to admit that I am not a perfect wife or mother. Jeff would admit that he too is not perfect, but together we are perfect for each other. He is my rock. He is the one who balances me out. He provides gently perspective when I lose sight of what's important. He gives me strength and inspires me to greater heights. Jeff, I love you more now than I ever imagined I could a year ago. Thank you for all your love. I will never stop loving you!

No comments:

Post a Comment