Saturday, August 10, 2013

Salem Days

Today was another small town parade, festival and fireworks show. I have really enjoyed these small town events. I remember attending a Mesa Days festival where I grew up, but it's different when it's 100+ degrees outside. You just can't seem to enjoy yourself as much. So far this year, I took the boys to Springville's Art City Days. We all attended Spanish Fork's Fiesta Days and now we went to Salem Days. I think this has been my favorite parade and fireworks show because it's a smaller town, but I did enjoy the bigger towns' festivals. I guess it's still the city girl in me that likes to "window" or "booth" shop and browse the merchandise. Laurin had to work and Amber had play practice so Jeff and I took the boys to the parade, car show and festival that morning. The boys were hilarious to watch! I think they like parades just because of all the candy they can get.
My boys 
Me and my best friend 
The candy collecting begins... 
Two happy little boys! 


Bananas?! Ok! 
Dallin going in for a otter pops double catch! 



The boys with their haul!
That evening was the fireworks show. I have to admit that this was even better than stadium of fire. It may not have been longer or the fireworks may not have been as spectacular, but I loved cuddling up with Jeff on a blanket (partially because I'm a weather wimp and was cold!) and watching the fireworks go off overhead. Luckily, Amber and Laurin were able to join us. It was a great way to spend the evening! I love being with my little family!
I love how I'm all bundled up and Jeff is out in a short sleeve shirt and shorts! 
3 out of 4 of my crazy kiddos! 





No comments:

Post a Comment