Thursday, August 22, 2013

First day of school and Court of honor!

Summer is officially over and I survived!! I have to admit that there were a few moments this summer when I wondered if I was going to last. I loved having the kids around but it required more patience and more creativity to keep them occupied. I think I will be better prepared to tackle the summer next year. Even though the older kids wouldn't admit it, I think everyone was a little excited to get back to school and enjoy time with friends. I can't believe Laurin will graduate this year! It's crazy how quickly time is passing us by. Just goes to show you that no matter what the moment is like - treasure each of the moments you have.
The boys showing what grade their in...7th and 3rd. 
Super Dallin and Daniel! Ready to tackle a new year of school. 
The girls couldn't put up all the fingers they needed to show which grade they're in so Jeff tried to help. It didn't work out so well. 
Much better!
That evening Dallin had a court of honor. He earned 4 merit badges! He is also just one step away from earning his 2nd and 1st class then it's on to his Star! I'm glad the boys like to scout program. I think the skills they learn can be invaluable. Congrats Dallin! Keep working!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment