Monday, August 19, 2013

She's legal!

Since Amber had play practice all day on her birthday (and the DMV wasn't opened that day), today was the first chance that Amber had to get her license. Jeff was working on the deck so I got the privilege of taking her to the DMV. The wait was surprisingly quick and other than a little difficulty with the eye exam (yup...better take her in to get her eyes checked) she walked out a legal driver! We celebrated by going to lunch at Olive Garden (her choice) then she dropped me off at home and took off to attend to her many obligations. It was weird watching her drive away. She is a great driver though so I have no concern about her being safe. I think it's just the fact that she's growing up that was so strange. I have so few years with her still at home. I don't want them to fly by. Still, I'm proud of her! She is an amazing young woman and it's fun to watch her to continue to grow and develop. Congrats Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment