Friday, August 9, 2013

The normality continues...

I wish I had more exciting news to share, but it's just been another normal week in the Southwick home. This week I had the opportunity to have my niece, Kaia, hang out with us on Monday and Wednesday. Her parents (my brother Scott and sis-in-law Mel) both work so instead of staying home alone, she got to come play with us. She and Danny are the same age and play really well together. We are glad she got to come over to spend time with us. While I miss my parents and older sister, Nichole and her family, I'm grateful to have my brother, Scott, and sister, Krystle so close. Krystle was also glad that I was close this week because she got pretty sick and her husband, Jordan, was at scout camp. Poor Krystle has really had a rough pregnancy. She is 7 months along and has not had more than two days without feeling nauseous or some other ailment. I spent some of Wednesday and Friday with her while Jordan was away. The rest of the week was spent in the continual effort to get the kids ready for school. Dallin had school registration on Wednesday. He has been pretty nervous about going to junior high so after we got his schedule, we walked around to each of his classes and locker twice to make sure he knew where he was going. Since Wednesday he's contacted his friends and found many of them in the same classes so he seems to be a bit more excited.
Two of those friends are Tyler Chisholm and Tanner Dehart. Tyler, Tanner and Dallin are pretty much the three musketeers. In addition to being in classes together, they will also play on the same tackle football team for Salem city. They spent all week in conditioning training and started team practices on Friday. I love watching football! I'm not a die hard that knows all the players or statistics, but I enjoy the sport so I'm excited to see Dallin play. I think part of the reason I love football is because it marks the beginning of the fall/winter seasons. Now in Arizona that doesn't mean snow (which I'm still not too fond of), but it does mean the holidays (which you all know I love!).
Finally, probably the most exciting part of the week (at least for me) was the completion of our fireplace. Our family room has this odd shaped wall that houses our fireplace. Since we are putting rock on the outside of our house, I decided it would be nice to put rock around our fireplace. I think it turned out really well! It adds texture, depth, and varying colors to the room. It's been fun to walk through the room and see Jeff or the kids just staring at the wall. This house is really becoming our home!




 


1 comment:

  1. Tyler doesn't get lockers and wishes he did. Lucky Dallin. And I love the new fireplace. It looks awesome. I wish I lived closer too.

    ReplyDelete