Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shrek: The Musical

All summer long, Amber has spent countless hours in rehearsals for the highly anticipated production of Shrek: The Musical produced by Payson Community Theater. I know we were all excited to go...and they didn't disappoint! It was hilarious!! The performers were extremely talented. It was a proud parent moment for Jeff and I as we watched and listened to Amber perform her solo in front of a large audience. She has a natural talent...and an intense desire to share that talent with others. She has worked hard (even though we know she enjoys it as well). We are immensely proud of the beautiful young lady she is and the amazingly gifted woman she is becoming! The whole musical was well done and thoroughly entertaining! The props, lighting, and tech stuff were great as well. I have to admit I was a little skeptical of a small town theater production, especially since I've seen much bigger productions, but I'm a believer now. I'm excited for next year's production (which I'm sure Amber will try out for again...even though she's already made her high school musical, Peter Pan, as a Lost Boy...which means more rehearsals!).


Here is Amber singing her solo. Sorry about the poor pic quality...we weren't supposed to be taking pictures so I snuck one in! 
When Amber wasn't playing teen Fiona, she was an elf in Lord of the Rings in the fairytale cast.
The cast 
Amber with the rest of the cast 



I got Amber a jar full of Starbursts and a star keychain to celebrate her being a "star"!

No comments:

Post a Comment