Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sad day/happy week!

Today was a sad day...it was the day I gave up the last shred of Arizona I had left - my license plate, title and registration. With Amber's birthday this upcoming weekend, Jeff and I decided we'd better have a car ready to go. I'd brought my car up in January when I moved up here, but it's just been sitting waiting for this moment. While it may have been ready, I wasn't. I love Arizona. I am a true Arizonan through and through. It is the state that I grew up in and contains most all of my memories. Still, while it was difficult to move, Utah has brought new joys that I never knew I could experience...so I guess it was a good trade.
While that was a sad day, it was a good week. It was pretty relaxing and low key as the kids soaked up the last bits of summer before school starts next week. During the week, we had the privilege to have my niece spend a couple days with us. Both her parents works so that means we get to be the lucky ones to spend time with her. It is fun to see how she is able to keep up with the boys. I enjoyed watching them invent things to do. Oh the innocence of youth!


Swimming at Kaia's house. 

We were also lucky enough to have Michael and Jenn stop over on their way back to Idaho. They were returning from a vacation to Mexico and spent the night in Utah. I love my baby brother and his wife! It was fun to see them...even if it was only for a few hours. Thank goodness for family! Life would be pretty drab without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment