Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pack meeting and FOOTBALL!

Today was a crazy busy day!! On top of Relief Society meetings and visits, Jeff called me about mid afternoon to tell me a family from Canada that he knew awhile ago was coming over for dinner. I scrambled to put something together then entertained them for a couple hours before running Danny to his pack meeting while Jeff went to his bishopric meetings then I ran from there to Dallin's first football game, which should have been rained out but they kept playing! By the end of the day, I was one exhausted, wet mommy!!, but when I see the smiles on my kids' faces, it makes it all worth it. Danny had a great time at his pack meeting. They had a raingutter regatta in which they made and raced boats.
Danny received a belt loop for nutrition. 



Jeff (of course) had to get in on the action...only he tried to cheat by using a leaf blower and... 
he lost! Just goes to show you that cheaters don't win. 
Jaemon and Danny with their certificates.

Dallin played well during his football game, but ultimately they lost. Still, he smiled when the opposing coach approached him to compliment him on his speed and agility during the game. Dallin seems to have a natural talent for most sports and never seems quite as happy as he is with a ball in his hand. This is just the start of many more games to come. Wednesdays are going to be busy for the next month! Wish me luck as I continue to juggle everyone's schedules!! (Just like baseball, I won't inundate you with football pics. The following pics are from his first 3 games. Dallin is #7. He has been playing free safety, running back, linebaker, and defensive end.)

Dallin's the one reaching his arm out to grab the opposing player. He was just out of reach. 
I spent most of my time watching his first game from the car...you can see the rain on the windows and the rainbow in the background. 

Dallin's ready to catch the ball. 

Dallin's in the blue jersey on the right side. 
Dallin getting up from tackling the other player. 
Running to catch the ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment