Sunday, December 21, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 10

It is the Sunday before Christmas! I can't believe it! It has come so quickly...after so much anticipation. I have to admit that it doesn't really feel like Christmas though. There's no snow! Now growing up in AZ this wouldn't be surprising, but for the past two Christmases I have kind of gotten used to having the ground blanketed in white. I guess I should be grateful for the warmer weather, but I'm still worried what January will bring. Anyways, even though we haven't had snow, we have had rain. We woke up to a rainy, cold morning. Luckily today's service activity was easily completed in the home - writing letters to the missionaries in our church congregation. We have several individuals serving full time missions for our church in various parts of the world. Each of us chose a specific missionary and wrote a nice Christmas letter. I remember serving a mission...and I remember how much I loved to receive letters. They were my lifeline to home. It didn't matter who they were from, they were always a welcome surprise. It's crazy to think that in a year from now our little family could have a missionary out in the field. Laurin is poised to leave next fall...and Amber the fall after that. Letters will be our link to them as much as they are a link for them to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment