Friday, December 19, 2014

Fun Christmas activities!

Today was a day full of Christmas fun...for me anyways. This was the last day of school before the holiday break so Danny's class had a little Christmas party and I was invited to help out. Danny's brave teacher decided to let the kids make graham cracker "gingerbread" houses. I say "brave" not only because of the mess that was inevitable, but also because of the sugar rush that would follow! Still the kids had a blast. Danny was quite methodical in his construction and decoration.  I was actually impressed with his final product. The rest of the afternoon they spent watching Christmas movies, reading Christmas stories, and having hot cocoa and donuts while in their pajamas. Oh to be a kid again!



That evening, after our service activity, Jeff and I dropped the boys at home and actually got to have a date! It has been a few weeks since we've been able to have a Friday night date. I knew I missed them, but I didn't realize how much until I was alone with Jeff enjoying an evening as husband and wife....that didn't involve errands for the kids or other obligations that we worked into our "date" night. I am a firm believer of the importance of a continual courtship even after marriage. I know our family situation is a little different because I married into an already existing family, but I think for anyone...even young newlyweds without any kids. It's just important to always remember the one you chose to love and to continue to kindle that flame. In any case, we received a gift card to Brick Oven so we went to dinner there before heading to the Hale Center Theater in Orem to watch A Christmas Carol. I love this production! I love the moral it portrays and the reminder it is that the most important things are the people we come in contact with - family, friends, neighbors, strangers. We are truly God's hands of heaven on earth. He needs us to love others...not only during Christmas but all year through! It was the perfect date night with my perfect date. I love you Jeff!




No comments:

Post a Comment