Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 12

Just like last year, our last day of service was to provide silent acts of service in the home. I have to admit, I'm not sure we did as well at this one as we did last year. It seems everyone gets so wrapped up in the busy-ness of their lives that we forget to serve the people who matter most. I was pleased to see the boys make efforts, but I wondered how much more effort we could really make. I know I definitely have room to grow in this area as well. Sure I pick up after the kids, do the laundry, cook, clean, run them to their sports activities, etc., but do I really serve them with love? Do I show them the respect I try to teach them to show to others? Or do I take my grouchy moods out on them? Do I truly practice what I preach? And, if not, what am I teaching them? Sometimes I think these days of service benefit me more than they benefit others. I am far from perfect. I have ample room to grow. I need to try a little harder to be a little better. I need to show love and service to those I love the most. I hope that as I do so, I can be a true example of what it means to serve with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment