Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014!

Merry Christmas!!! I can't believe in another week it will be 2015! Where did this year go? Well we got our Christmas wish! It snowed!! We woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland...and it kept snowing all day! In fact, Jeff spent most of the morning plowing the street and our neighbors driveways. It made for a beautiful Christmas.

Since Laurin was working today, the kids decided to wait until she got home that night to open the majority of their gifts. It actually turned out to be a very pleasant Christmas. I was worried that the kids would be whining all day that they wanted to open their gifts, but they didn't. They did get to open their stockings and a few strategic gifts to keep them entertained. Because we were waiting for Laurin, the kids decided to have breakfast first before they opened anything. We did our traditional waffle bar! I think this is more dessert than breakfast, but hey, it's Christmas!
After breakfast, the kids opened their stockings and a few gifts. The boys got new snow gear (their old gear was a little tight on them) and we got a new Wii game and a couple DVDs from my parents to keep us entertained throughout the day.


Finally, Laurin made it safely back home (we were a little worried with all the snow) and everyone was able to open the rest of the gifts. From Jeff, I received a some new appliances, the movie Maleficent, a hand warmer, and some new plates. I got Jeff some new boots, these Chris Peterson knives he's been wanting (supposedly they're some of the best knives in the world because of how he makes them), and I made him a scrapbook chronicling our courtship, wedding and honeymoon. I actually let him open that gift after the kids went to bed last night. It was fun reminiscing about our miraculous beginnings. He truly is my best friend. I know we have our moments of frustration where one or the both of us don't necessarily handle the argument well, but we always work it out. We become stronger because of it. We learn more about each other that allows our love to grow. He has been the best gift I have ever received. I will have to work hard my whole life to show him that. I sincerely hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas. I hope we've all been able to reflect on the life of the Man who saved us all. I hope we can carry His spirit with us the whole year through. Merry Christmas!










No comments:

Post a Comment