Thursday, December 18, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 7

Today's service theme was to give a small gift/note/act of service to someone in need. Each of the kids did a little something different. Danny decided to buy some Hot Wheel cars for a kid in his class who is less fortunate. Dallin donated money to the Quarters for Christmas campaign at his school. (The money that was donated was given to a family whose house recently burned down.) Amber chose to find a small way to serve someone at school today. Jeff and I even got caught up in the act. I visited a couple ladies in my neighborhood and gave them a small, unexpected gift. Jeff ran into someone at the bank who needed a little Christmas cheer. Can I just say how grateful I am for my amazing husband? I seriously have never met a more generous, caring, selfless individual in all my life. I am so lucky to be married to him. In any case, based on the stories I heard tonight at the dinner table, I would say today was another successful service day.
Danny with his gift and Dallin with his wallet (Amber never seems to be around for the pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment