Monday, December 22, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 11

I can't believe we're only a couple days away from Christmas! I know I've said this before, but it comes quicker and quicker each year. Today we were lucky enough to have all the kids home (including Laurin) to help with our service activity. It has been nice to have everyone around and to not have sports activities or school functions to attend. Today's service was delivering gifts to our friends and neighbors. There are always so many we want to give so we have to find gifts that are economical but fun. This year we decided to give out wrapping paper. We encouraged people to get "wrapped up" in the true meaning of Christmas. Since we did have so many to deliver, we split up. I took the boys (and my niece Kaia who was hanging out with us) and Jeff took the girls. The boys insisted it was a race so, at times, Dallin would sprint down the streets to deliver some wrapping paper while I drove Danny and Kaia up to other houses on the street. Needless to say, Dallin was a bit tired after we were through (those streets aren't little and the houses aren't close together!), but we did "win". My silly boys and their constant need for competition! It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment