Sunday, December 14, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 3

Today I had the amazing privilege to teach a Sunday School lesson at the Veteran's Home in Payson. Veterans hold a special place in my heart. Both my father and grandfather are Navy veterans. They instilled in me a love of country and family that I don't think they could have without their service. I am so grateful for all the brave men and women who serve in the armed forces. I always seem to get teary eyed at seeing soldiers being reunited with their families or watching veterans roll by in our small town parades. Needless to say, I got a little choked up today as I expressed my love and appreciation for these amazing men. The lesson I was asked to teach was all about Christmas. I decided to bring the kids along to sing a children's hymn to accompany the lesson. Our service appeared to be well received. I am grateful that this opportunity fell during our 12 Days of Service. I think the kids really enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment