Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12 Days of Service: Day 6

Tonight ended up being a crazy night as well. It was planned that we would all be available to deliver dinner to someone in need, but (as unfortunate luck would have it) each of the kids ended up having a conflicting activity...so tonight, Jeff and I had the privilege to serve. It actually probably turned out for the best because Jeff and I weren't only able to deliver the meal we made, but also sit down a talk with Lenny for a while. Lenny is a 60 year old woman living in Payson. Jeff made her acquaintance through work. She has struggled with severe vertigo and some cognitive problems for over a decade now. She lives alone but is one of the happiest, most positive people I've met. It's always funny how, most of the time, when you serve someone else, you receive the blessing. I felt that way tonight. I was grateful for the opportunity to brighten her day...as she brightened mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment