Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pack Meeting

Tonight was Danny's last pack meeting as a Bear. I can't believe he's already 10 years old and has moved on to be a Weebelo. It is crazy how quickly time passes...although I am excited to only have one more year of silly Cub Scout pack meeting cheers! Tonight's pack meeting was a pretty special one. A certain lady in our church congregation has a non-profit charity organization dedicated to helping people in Africa. She brought a couple slide shows to show the kids the condition that these kids live in. She explained how difficult it is for them to get an education and how many of them don't have any school supplies. I have lived in impoverished countries. I have seen, firsthand, the scanty items people have to live on. I have visited make-shift homes. I have held naked children because parents don't have enough money to afford diapers or multiple outfits. I was glad that Danny was at least able to see pictures and hear stories that hopefully sank in and gave him a greater appreciation for the blessings he has been given. After the slide shows, the kids put together school packets to be sent to Africa. Finally, Danny was awarded another silver arrow point for all the extra scout activities he completed. Way to go Danny!




No comments:

Post a Comment