Saturday, June 8, 2013

Art City Days and Welcome Home

Today the boys and I decided to make it a fun day...after all, Jeff and the girls couldn't have all the fun this weekend! When Jeff and I were in Springville for our date earlier in the week, we found out that Springville was having its Art City Days festival that weekend. This is another aspect of Utah that I think I'm going to enjoy - all the small town summer festivals. The boys and I woke up and quickly ran to the grocery store before heading to Springville. We got there as the parade was ending then made our way to the craft booths, carnival, and FOOD! If you know me, you know I love to eat. I try to eat healthy, but when carnival food is present who can resist! The boys enjoyed riding on the rides and looking at the booths that sold toys (they both purchased electric shock pens...so beware!!). Springville also has a splash park/river that they got wet in.
What parade isn't complete without royalty, a marching band, at least one creepy guy in a weird outfit, and horses?! 

















While Dallin went on the Zipper again, Danny decided to try Zero Gravity. 

My cute boys and their fruit smoothies...the only semi-healthy thing we had!

After the festival, we headed home to make a quick "Welcome Home" poster then ran over to the church to welcome home our missionaries! They came home extremely tired, but spiritually rejuvenated. Lucky for them that spiritual rejuvenation gave them the burst of energy they needed to collect all the bails of hay from the field. There is no rest for the weary when you live on a little farm!! It has been a great weekend for everyone. I'm grateful that I get to make all these fun memories with the kids.





Danny and Grandma got the best ride of the evening.


Silly Danny! 

Yup, that's me! The city girl driving the tractor to collect the hay! Who would've thought?!


No comments:

Post a Comment