Friday, June 14, 2013

Date night in the gardens

Prior to our marriage, I told Jeff that date nights are sacred nights for us. He has done really well at honoring those nights and making sure he is available to take me out. These nights have been incredibly important for me. While I have gotten used to a full house, I am still a newlywed and need that alone time with Jeff (and probably always will...even after the newlywed status wears off). Tonight we returned to Thanksgiving Point Gardens. We had visited the gardens in April for the Tulip Festival. The tulips were gorgeous but there was still so much that had yet to bloom so we made it a goal to return. Again, we were not disappointed. The rose garden was in full bloom and the water lilies in Monet's garden perfectly adorned the pond. I still think the Secret Garden was my favorite. This time Jeff and I actually found a little bench to sit on to take time to admire the garden and the fountain. I loved just chatting with him about our "secrets" (or those things that we had yet to share with each other). Moments like that help seal my love for him over and over again.As I knelt across the altar on our wedding day, I didn't think my love for Jeff could get any bigger, yet as I sat by his side in that beautiful hidden garden I knew my love would always grow. We moved on from that garden to the Venetian garden. Last time we were here both Jeff and I felt that the step-like fountain looked like a bunch on bathtubs on a staircase. Well...Jeff decided to complete the image when he shucked his shoes, stripped off his shirt, and sat in the "tub". I'm fairly certain that is not allowed, but there was no one around and I needed the laugh. These are the fun moments that create the most lasting memories.We finished our walk by re-visiting the Light of the World garden and the waterfalls. I am still amazed at the incredible detail in the bronze statues of Christ. I had to snap a few more pics while I was there. When I turned around to see what Jeff was doing, I noticed he was admiring the bronze statue of Christ as He carried the cross. I got choked up as I saw the images of the two most important men who will help me return to my Father in Heaven. Christ sacrificed all to pave the way for our return, but Jeff is the one with whom I'll traverse that road. Without Jeff, I could not reach my highest potential, but without Christ, that potential would never be possible. I can't begin to describe the debt of gratitude I feel for both these men. I have never been more grateful or more humbled at their sacrifices than I was in that small moment. I pray that I will never forget.








Me and my favorite person in the whole wide world! 


He's still my favorite person...even if he does crazy things.  


 



I like how the sun's rays are shinning on this statue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment