Monday, June 17, 2013

Scout Camp

FINALLY!!! Dallin has been waiting FOREVER to go on this week long scout camp. He was packed at least three days before he had to go and said he was so excited he may not sleep the night before. I really hope he keeps up this level of enthusiasm...at least until he gets his Eagle. Jeff had the opportunity to go up with Dallin for the first day and a half. Secretly I think Jeff was just as excited as Dallin. Dallin returned on Friday night. He was dirty, bruised, cut up and tired, but very happy. He loved skeet shooting and said that he hit 17 out of 25 clay pigeons. He was impressed because it was his first time. I think his favorite part of the campout was their "survival night". He and his two best friends, Tyler and Tanner, had to make their own shelter and eat what they could find off the land. I was glad that he came back in one piece after hearing all his stories! I think there's a good reason that moms don't know what goes on at scout camps! Still I'm glad that both my boys enjoy scouts and that they are eager to learn skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.

Even though I reminded Jeff to take pics...these are the only ones he took. Small steps. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment