Saturday, June 22, 2013

Date night

It has been an exceptionally long week for me! Perhaps not quite as busy as in weeks past, but emotionally, I felt drained. Since we were in Delta yesterday, Jeff kept his premarital promise to me and took me out on a date on Saturday. I know I've said it before, but these date nights are so important to me (and to Jeff as well). I didn't get to experience the newly-married-no-kid life. Often times, I feel so inundated with kids' stuff (e.g., activities, games, practices, errands, etc.) that Jeff and I don't get to spend time alone during the week. Even when we do have an hour or so to ourselves, Jeff still has to answer business calls and take care of other responsibilities. However, on date night, the phone is put on silent and the focus is on each other. Tonight we got dressed up (or at least Jeff didn't wear his stained work clothes) and Jeff took me to Carrabba's. While there, he presented me with a beautiful red rose. Sometimes it's the smallest things that mean the most. I just needed to know that he saw the efforts I've been making and that he appreciated all I've done. Jeff has always been complimentary and supportive. I have never felt alone as I've struggled with the challenges and changes of the past 5 months. Still, it means so much to know that he takes the time to go above and beyond...even if it's something small. Jeff is sincerely my best friend. After we ate, he took me to Nielsen's Grove, a small park in Orem. There we spent more than an hour enjoying the beautiful weather and each other's company. I am so grateful for my eternal companion. With him, the strength with which I can do things grows exponentially. Love truly can conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment