Monday, June 3, 2013

White Pine Hollow Trail

Tonight for Family Home Evening we joined up with Jeff's parents, Katie, and the Distlelhorst's girls for a hike up Santaquin Canyon. Last Friday, while Jeff and I were driving the Nebo loop, we found this trail that we thought looked interesting. Unfortunately, it was late so we were only able to go a little ways into the trail. We found freshly fallen trees that beavers had chewed through and a couple deer along the trail. I have to admit that I do love this part about living in Utah. I love being so close to so many canyons with beautiful hiking trails that generally follow a stream or river. If you know me, you know I love the water. I think there is something so powerful yet soothing listening to a small stream or the waves crash on a sandy shore. In any case, we spoke with Jeff's parents about the trail and thought this would be a good activity for FHE. We also wanted to spend one last evening with the Distelhorst's girls (Jon and Julie were in St. George visiting Jon's family) before they left for Washington. We have enjoyed having them visit for the past week and a half. It will be sad to see them go, but we look forward to visiting them in Washington once they get settled.



Megan and Danny 

Jeff and I enjoying the view of the waterfall. 

Amber and Dallin

Heidi 
Grumpy with Alice and Sara 
What FHE doesn't end with a treat?! We went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. L to R: Dallin, Alice, Megan, Amber, Heidi, Sara, Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment