Monday, June 24, 2013

Random Summer Fun!

So...seeing as I have yet to perfect a summer schedule with the kids, most of the activities we do happen to be completely at random and usually are little things. I would love to say I'm like those moms who are able to have a theme for each day of the week (e.g., Thoughtful Thursdays and have the kids write a journal entry), but I'm just trying to keep my head above water as a new mom of four children who are home 24/7 during the summer (it's even sad to say that the garden I wanted to plant has fallen to the bottom of my priority list as I am trying to figure out how this "summer with kids" thing works! I guess there's always next year!). In any case, I do try to keep some things consistent (e.g., laundry on Mondays and Thursdays, library visit on Mondays, etc.) and the kids are great at finding their own fun when Jeff and I are busy with work related stuff. Next month (July) will be better because of extended family visits and activities that will be planned with them. Still, here are just a few pics from the random summer fun we've had this week.
Dallin and Danny playing checkers at Payson Library.

After our library visit this week, we stopped by the local hardware store (yup...a hardware store) where they have a little "soda shop" and let the boys pick out a drink. Dallin got zombie brain juice, hence the disgusted look on his face. 
The kids have recently gone motorbiking/4-wheeling with the Chandlers that live in our area. They love riding the trails on West Mountain. I love it when they come back in one piece! 


One day, I took Amber, Dallin and Daniel to BYU. I was going to buy a book that a friend recommended at the bookstore. On our way, we stopped into the museum then of course had to have some ice cream at the Creamery before heading home. 

Amber found her bubble-wrap wedding dress.  
I loved this piece! The artist was trying to depict how we can all look organized and simple (the strings leading to the mess) on the outside, but inside we are usually a jumbled mess. I really related to that piece! 


My crazy kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment