Thursday, October 10, 2013

Angel Moroni

Today, at about 10:00 a.m., I received a call from my aunt who happened to be doing some stake Relief Society visits by the temple. She excitedly reported that they were preparing to place the Angel Moroni on the temple. As luck would have it, the kids and I were already heading that way. We were shortly joined by Jeff, my parents, and my uncle. As you can imagine, word spread quickly and hundreds of people gathered. We decided to park a little ways off so as to avoid the crowds. I think we had a great view of the whole event. We had to wait for about an hour before they started because of windy weather conditions, but I would have waited longer. It was so exciting to be a part of this and to have my husband and kids with me. I have always grown up near a temple. I think it's a little ironic that I move to Utah (with the most temples per capita) and I have to travel a half hour to get to the closest one. I am excited that this was is in the construction process. I wish it was a little sooner to its completion, but at the same time, it's exciting to see the progress. I am so grateful for temples. I am grateful for the peace and comfort I find inside. I am grateful for the direction and guidance I feel. I am grateful to have temples where the sealing power can be exercised and that I was sealed for all eternity to my husband.










 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment