Sunday, October 13, 2013

Early 40th Birthday Celebration

Since Jeff and I are going to be on vacation on his 40th birthday, we had a pre-celebration with the kids, Jeff's parents, and my parents on Sunday. For those of you who know Jeff, you know that he would rather avoid his birthday. He has never been one who has been comfortable as the focus of attention, but this year he had no choice. I wasn't going to let this day pass without some recognition! We kept it small and just had birthday dessert (his favorite banana cream pie) and opened the gifts the kids got him (cast iron skillet, dutch oven cookbook, and new cuff links). I love being able to celebrate the birth of the man who has brought so much joy into my life! I feel very lucky that we are able to go on vacation together and continue the celebration.







No comments:

Post a Comment