Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Last Day!

Today was the last day of our trip. I was sad that it had gone so quickly, but I was also ready to be home. Since we'd accomplished more than we thought we'd originally accomplish yesterday, there were very few things we wanted to see today. We started out by making our way to the temple. It was a bit of an adventure in public transportation but we made it. It is a gorgeous temple. I love the steeple. I feel it fits very well with the many church steeples you see in New England. We enjoyed being inside those hallowed walls. It is comforting to feel the peace therein. After our session, we headed to Fenway Park. The Boston Red Sox recently won the American League and were heading towards the World Series (which they eventually won) against the St. Louis Cardinals. I couldn't go to Boston without seeing Fenway Park. It was crawling with sports broadcasters from all over...including Japan! We didn't take the time to go inside with all the chaos, but at least I can say I've been there. At that point, we decided we were both done. We'd seen what we came to see. We decided to have another early night so we could pack and get ready for our long flight home the next day. It has been a much needed and well-deserved vacation. The best part of the whole trip was that I was able to share it with my best friend. I love you Jeff! Happy 40th birthday! Here's to at least 40 more together!!






No comments:

Post a Comment