Sunday, October 6, 2013

Family!

Yesterday, my parents, Nichole (sister), Tyler and Kate (nephew and niece) drove up from Arizona to spend the week. They have a full week off for fall break and decided to come to a state that actually experiences the fall season! They also came up because my little sister, Krystle, was due to have her baby this week (it didn't happen though) so it was a great excuse to all get together. Tonight I invited everyone over (except Michael and Jenn who didn't come in until the following weekend) for dinner. I also invited my cousin, Jesse, and his new wife, Lydia. Jesse is my mom's sister's son. Because my uncle was in the Air Force, they moved around a lot and we weren't able to get to know those cousins as well as we did some others so it's fun that Jesse is now living here with his fun wife. I look forward to getting to know them better. The evening was filled with good food, football (of course), games, and more. Before everyone came over, Jeff took the evening's events with all the guests as a good excuse to finally put the stoops on the deck. They still need a little work, but we all enjoyed sitting on the deck to bask in the cool fall weather. I am so grateful for family! I feel so blessed to have the amazing parents and siblings that I do. I am grateful for their love and support. I don't know where I'd be or who I'd be without them!
Dad and Jordan helping Jeff with his little project. 
The big boys against the little boys...guess who won? 
A rematch of Ticket to Ride...Nichole wanted to beat Jordan again. 
Jordan, Krystle, Jeff, Nichole, me, Scott, Jesse and Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment