Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!

I have to admit that Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays (I was never too fond of dressing up and begging for candy), but I still love any excuse to be creative and celebrate. I spent the day slowly preparing our festive dinner before the kids got dress up to go out. Danny was actually sick today so we didn't go out trick-or-treating, but we did make it to our ward's trunk-or-treat. I think there will only be a few more years of that before the kids will be off to parties and/or opt to spend the evening celebrating at home. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. I can hardly remember their infant and toddler years (insert courtesy laugh here), but even since I've known the kids they are quickly growing up. Still, it has been fun to celebrate these moments with them and to create these memories. Happy Halloween!
Candy corn punch, spiders on deviled eggs, and a candy corn veggie tray (with cucumbers since my kids don't like yellow peppers or cauliflower) 
For our main course, the kids "carved" out jack-o-lantern quesadillas. 
For dessert we had witch hat cookies and Frankenstein pudding cups. 

Dallin, as a stick figure, and his friend, Tanner. 

Danny, as a Minon, and his friend, Jack. 
Laurin had a meeting & wasn't able to join us but here are the rest of the kids - Ariel, Minon and Stick Figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment