Saturday, October 5, 2013

General Conference weekend!

This is seriously one of my favorite weekends of the year! I love that we get the opportunity to listen to our prophet and apostles and other leaders. I love taking inventory of the past 6 months and looking at areas that I need to refine (ok maybe I don't love that part, but I do know that it humbles and strengthens me). Our house is full of peace as we listen to the talks...and even though Danny may not sit still during it, I know we all benefit from the counsel we receive. This time we decided to repeat what we'd done during the last general conference. Each of the kids had to pick a couple names of the First Presidency or 12 Apostles and take notes on that specific talk (which was later reviewed during a Family Home Evening). It amazes me how each of the talks the kids chose seem to be the one that they can learn from the most. Coincidence? I think not. Then, while listening to the talks, the kids had to identify certain topics that were discussed in that talk in order to pick a treat from the treat buckets. Again, it was interesting to discuss with them which topic bucket's treats were depleted the quickest and point out the importance of that topic in our lives. All in all it was a great, rejuvenating weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment