Saturday, December 21, 2013

12 Days of Service: Day 10

Today was kind of a unique service day. The kids went to Delta to spend the day with the Oliver family while Jeff and I finished up some last minute Christmas surprises so we had to be creative as to how to perform an act of service when we were split up. So...that morning the kids went through their closets and made a pile of unused, good clothes to donate to Deseret Industries. Jeff and I then drove the donations up to Provo to drop off. I actually really liked this service activity! It didn't cost a thing and the kids actually got rid of some stuff! Again, just another service idea for the kids to consider as a way to help others. I can't believe Christmas is in less than a week! Last year at this time, I quit my job, packed up my house, and moved everything (except myself) to Utah. I spent the Christmas break unpacking boxes in between holiday festivities. Wow! A lot has happened in a year!! I have to admit I like this Christmas a little better than last year's. I feel like I've been able to enjoy the season more and spend time focusing on what matters most - giving of myself, my time, my talents, and everything with which I have been blessed to others. This is what Christmas represents. This is the real reason for the season...one which we should take with us all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment